Sunday, February 5, 2012

Reflections

Time for some reflections on this process. I've been pretty down in the dumps about the whole thing the last few days. I'm more and more convinced that the "perfect" property doesn't exist, so I've been brainstorming ways to try to create it. Problem is, if we won the lottery that wouldn't be any problem...in real life, cash flow is an issue. There seem to be only a couple of ways to try to create my dream home - 1) find the perfect house one place and the perfect land another and have the house moved (sounds pricey), or 2) find the perfect land and find a tear-down house with some good architectural details and build a "new" house using old materials (sounds pricey).

These ideas did cause me to start looking at the bottom price range of the real estate listings. I found some amazing old houses for amazingly low prices, in bad parts of bad towns...but several were too large to consider moving and in too good of shape to consider tearing down. Then I stumbled across the listing for House #18...this one just might have some serious potential for moving.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment