Friday, January 20, 2012

House #5


So by November we were on a roll, and branching out. We decided to explore north Texas. This well-maintained property was built in 1930 (not as old as I prefer) and sits on 16 acres. It's over two hours away, which is getting out of my comfort zone, and is really a larger house than we need. The area is rather flat, with no view to speak of, and it sits right on the county road (I prefer something not visible from the road). The interior has some nice architectural features, but it's already been fully renovated, and doesn't retain its original windows (one of my preferences). It also has lots of dark wood paneling and trim - beautiful to some (including Mr. Dream House), but NOT what I want in my next house, and I think seeing it painted over would be painful for Mr. D.H. (This property is priced at $230,000, and is still on the market.)

Pros:
Pretty good size acreage
Good architectural bones
Has some outbuildings (a plus)
Reasonable price

Cons:
Not old enough
Too far away
No view and on road
Already renovated
Windows not original
Dark woodwork
Two story


No comments:

Post a Comment