Friday, January 20, 2012

House #3


October now - prime driving weather - and this little farm house happens to be in my home town. Well, it's on the far edge of town, but still technically in town. About an hour and half from (current) home, built in 1900 on 4 acres. I don't really have much good to say about this one, other than it looks better from a distance! (And that it's priced at $139,000.)

First off, I'd HAVE to center that front door! Secondly, the interior is stuck squarely in the 70s, with none of the original early 20th century "bones" left to pick. And third, it appears to have asbestos siding - not something we want to deal with. (This house is currently under contract.)

Pros:
Old
Reasonable distance
One story
Low price
Definitely a renovation project
My home town

Cons:
In town
Not enough acreage
No view
No architectural bones
Asbestos siding
My home town

No comments:

Post a Comment